Cardboard Box vs. CNC

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

aguncan
Number of books owned: 0

Cardboard Box vs. CNC

Post by aguncan »

I have Bargain Price Book Scanner From A Cardboard Box from the web site ( http://www.instructables.com/id/Bargain ... board-Box/ ). I have covered cardboard box with black gift paper in order to have uniform light. I have use camera Nikon Coolpix 5600 (5MP). I have obtain some results that I share here, especially for new beginners and have primitive conditions. And I am waiting for critics ;).

My DIY Scanner (I have shot with Nikon Coolpix 5600)
My DIY Scanner (I have shot with Nikon Coolpix 5600)
Cardboard box covered with black gift paper
Cardboard box covered with black gift paper
DSCN4376.pdf
Result
(149.97 KiB) Downloaded 1572 times

I have also like new CNC-based scanner, but I think this new project seems to metamorph the idea of this initiative from do-it-yourself to done-by-CNC. All the attention and efforts of the forum concentrate to improve the new scanner. But I want also these efforts to improve the more producible scanners by the people in countries like me. Because we have less access these new, expensive technologies :(.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Cardboard Box vs. CNC

Post by daniel_reetz »

aguncan wrote: I have also like new CNC-based scanner, but I think this new project seems to metamorph the idea of this initiative from do-it-yourself to done-by-CNC. All the attention and efforts of the forum concentrate to improve the new scanner. But I want also these efforts to improve the more producible scanners by the people in countries like me. Because we have less access these new, expensive technologies :(.
For what it is worth, I am also very concerned about this. It is very important to me to keep things easy and very accessible, not just in the USA and not just for people with expensive tools. I appreciate your thinking on this and am looking for any help on handling it correctly.
pro2type
E-book readers owned: Cardboard
Number of books owned: 1100

Re: Cardboard Box vs. CNC

Post by pro2type »

Using black paper is a nice idea. I'll stick to my cardbox scanner too, until 3D-printing become within my pricerange.