Bindery

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

andres
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Bindery

Post by andres »

It seems that the dialog problems are resolved now.

The only remaining problem with that is the above-mentioned cosmetic bug is that when I select multiple files, the last file (alphabetically) becomes the first one in the list. Of course, I can fix that by arranging it, if I am not absent-minded :)

But for some reason, after I have selected the pages and set the options, and pressed start, the start button turns into stop button but nothing else happens (neither for djvu nor pdf).
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

Well, it seems like I've stopped book scanning for the foreseeable future and probably won't be getting back to it seriously any time soon.

Bindery was essentially an open-sourced personal project that I made for myself and others, but enabling it to work with Windows was just too much of a hassle with little benefit to me, so there isn't much motivation for me to do so anymore. If anybody would like to contribute to the Bindery project, fork it on GitHub. I won't be developing Bindery, but if others want to help, I'll gladly merge the changes and help to the best of my abilities.

It was a pleasure working with you all :)
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

You have a way of leaving, Anonymous2.

It was a pleasure working with you as well. Thanks for all your contributions here, and to hell with MS Windows.

All the best (and drop by from time to time and let us know how you are!). Also let me know if you ever need a letter of rec or some help with the press.

Daniel