First build with automatic dewarping

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: First build with automatic dewarping

Post by Tulon »

I haven't put much effort into investigating the wobbling issue yet. Otherwise, your example worked out pretty well. That sudden drop down on the grid looks suspicious though. I couldn't reproduce it.

As for changes in the picture mask caused by dewarping - that can easily happen if the decision was already on the edge.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
emmerick

Post by emmerick »

actually works pretty well automatic beta 7 only that over 150 pages of it crash. excellent job I think in some time this function is perfect and scan tailor itself.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

I've reproduced one crash with beta7. It happens on pages where the content box was manually removed. It will be fixed in the next beta.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

This build saved me rescanning a 600 page book. I did it on a flatbed scanner (it was my first book), and the warping was terrible. I'll have to wait for the bugfix, though, as it crashed on me while I was outputting the whole book :(

Nice work, Tulon, once again.
emmerick

Post by emmerick »

Good morning friends and when to get out there Tulon beta 8 to fix the crash. Because I believe that if the fix that I think the program would be perfect because at least here in this autodewarp getting perfect shame that the times of crash. More is doing a brilliant job. thanks
emmerick

Post by emmerick »

this is the error that is giving here
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Can you confirm it crashes on a page where the content box was manually removed?
emmerick

Post by emmerick »

Tulon wrote:Can you confirm it crashes on a page where the content box was manually removed?
hi friend this error I've seen here is when you have blank pages in the project then just cut them that this error does not appear. or else in the manual mode does not have this problem. further appears that another crash creates a DUMP file when it is over 150 pages in the automatic
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Here comes beta8: http://depositfiles.com/files/96wxqhos6
No changes compared to beta7, except a fixed crash on pages without a content box.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Compiling right now ;) I experience crashes when doing books with > 600 pages, but especially when I get a page with only a single image and one line of text. I'll post an example soon.