I've been using the Book Scan Wizard quite a bit lately, with excellent results. (Thank you!) At this point there's only one part of the workflow where I have any significant concerns. Given my current scanning setup (very low-brow), the book commonly ends up moving a fair amount during the scan run (both rotating and translational movement), sometimes gradually and often suddenly (ie between two shots). To compensate for this, I'm finding I have to create several FixPerspective settings (for both L/R) for each section of the scanning run.
- Code: Select all
# Configure the left pages]
Pages = left
Rotate = -90
Pages = left BSW_0000-BSW_0199
PerspectiveAndCrop = 699,132, 2322,125, 2312,2238, 709,2234 # BSW_0012 L (IMG_0038)
Pages = left BSW_0200-BSW_0299
PerspectiveAndCrop = 773,132, 2383,111, 2389,2238, 796,2251 # BSW_0202 L (IMG_0133)
Pages = left BSW_0300-BSW_0400
PerspectiveAndCrop = 810,138, 2420,118, 2420,2244, 823,2254 # BSW_0300 L (IMG_0182)
# Configure the right pages]
Pages = right
Rotate = 90
Pages = right BSW_0000-BSW_0199
PerspectiveAndCrop = 607,46, 2298,86, 2278,2308, 587,2319 # BSW_0031 R (IMG_0024)
Pages = right BSW_0200-BSW_0299
PerspectiveAndCrop = 658,71, 2339,115, 2302,2312, 623,2308 # BSW_0203 R (IMG_0110)
Pages = right BSW_0300-BSW_0400
PerspectiveAndCrop = 682,78, 2349,125, 2302,2302, 651,2302 # BSW_0301 R (IMG_0159)
Clearly the need for this is related to the inconsistency of my input images and I wouldn't expect BSW to be able do anything about that (unless it got super fancy and was able to do automatic edge detection!) But what I'm wondering about is: is there any way for BSW to automate/facilitate the process of creating L/R calibration settings for an arbitary number of sections of a scan run? I don't have any brilliant and/or simple UI ideas off the top of my head, but ideally the human operator would be responsible for drawing the L/R page edges for 1-n page-pairs throughout the book, and BSW would take care of the details of coming up with the boilerplate commands to accomplish this. Any thoughts on this?
Finally, here are a few other minor points/feature requests I've come up with:
* some kind of visual indicator which line the cursor is on when in "execute to cursor" mode?
* an option to reload file list in case files have changed in the source directory?
* an option to overwrite files instead of aborting the run if files exist in the output directory
* automatically run preview after issuing fix perspectiveandcrop (or similar) commands?
* keyboard shortcuts for Preview and Submit?
* it wasn't immediately clear that bsw.txt is only option for config filenames
* on Mac's the standard redo command shortcut is cmd-shift-Z