- Scan Tailor (git)
- djvubind (hg)
- pdfbeads (1.0.3)
- Bindery (git)
- Tesseract (svn)
- Cuneiform (1.1.0)
- ImageMagick (220.127.116.11)
Aside from that, the distro has:
- Evince (Ubuntu packages it as well. It reads PDF, DjVu, PostScript and even multi-page TIFF)
- File Roller (Ubuntu packages it as well. It extracts everything)
- Java and Flash
- Abiword (I could try bundling LibreOffice Writer instead)
- Geany (text editor)
- Banshee (audio player)
- Gparted, just in case you need to partition anything. It's really awesome.
This is basically a fork of my rescue CD with a few tweaks and more software. I was aiming at a < 700mb ISO, but if you think that's not worth striving for, I can bundle everything you'd ever need in a 900-1,000 mb ISO file.
The LiveCD works with VirtualBox, so it should work with VMWare. I'll upload it somewhere once it finishes building. You can also boot the ISO via a USB stick or a CD, which will make bundling it much easier.
As for the more specific software (like the memory stick stuff), it shouldn't be too hard to make something.