Norwegian Comic Book Scanner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

spomwii

Norwegian Comic Book Scanner

Post by spomwii »

Hi all.

Just finished a prototype of my first Comic Book Scanner. It is a very simple build that works surprisingly well. I can not use it to scan books but most comic books is no problem.
I am trying out different kind of software for the processing part. Just now it looks like the easiest way is to use a combination of Canti and Scan Tailor. I have wrote a little bit about Canti here http://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=1043

The scanner is a one camera scanner.

I have not painted the scanner so I use black cardboard as background. I have made 3 different cardboard backgrounds for different sized comic books. I have made "holders" on each side and on the top so that the comic book stays steady on the background without moving.

If there are other Comic Book scanners out there I would like to hear how you scan your comics ;)
spomwii

Re: Norwegian Comic Book Scanner

Post by spomwii »

Oups. I tried to link to my images by using the IMG command and I linked to my images that is hosted on ImageShack. But that did not work.
If anyone is interested you can find the images here instead. https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1313343 ... r?h=179a94
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Norwegian Comic Book Scanner

Post by daniel_reetz »

Nice work, spomwii! I am attaching your images to this post, so they can be easily viewed.

Congratulations on a very clean and effective build!
Attachments
000_f2805ed.jpg
000_f0653d2.jpg
000_854008c.jpg
000_]9a4ff56.jpg