Well, it's been weeks since I've posted, but I've been working constantly on my machine and my setup. Today after ANOTHER full day of work I finally have some things worth reporting.
1. The e-chain system on the CNC router has been completely reworked and replaced. Previously it was jury-rigged and wouldn't work for production. Took forever to get the right size e-chain.
2. The spindle is properly programmed. Turns out I've had the wrong settings the entire time. Now I've got an RPM output as well. Also now running proper shielded spindle cable. Even so, the whole machine is incredibly electrically noisy. Makes my radio rigs go crazy.
3. The router can home itself in X and Y. This was the big accomplishment today. I still have to get some more cables/sensors to do Z. Not quite sure how I want to implement it in the machine controller (Mach3).
4. The bed has been routed so that a piece of plywood will set in the same place everytime.
5. I re-programmed Mach3's homing buttons to accommodate this new setup, minus the Z axis.
I've decided to stop working on production efficiency and start helping Rob by producing a couple units a week. Production efficiency can happen as I get annoyed with inefficiency. I have slightly revised artwork relative to Rob, so I need to do the programming for that this week. The first few scanners from me are reserved for the Paper Upgrade project
, which is run by mellow_yellow.