Ixus 185 camera + CHDK

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

Aguiluz
Number of books owned: 0

Ixus 185 camera + CHDK

Post by Aguiluz »

Hi

I dare to write a topic about new cameras compatible with PISCAN. I do it in order to support those who have a problem with CHDK.

Last year I contacted Duerig and he offered me Elph 180 cameras compatible with PISCAN. I took another path and decided to buy them on Ebay: Good price, lots of gifts, and the deceptive title "Canon PowerShot IXUS 185 / Elph 180 20M ... 005.m1851 "

Ixus 185 is not Elph 180. They look alike in everything except the sensor. When I wanted to use them, CHDK was not complete and therefore, PISCAN did not complete the process of capturing and saving photos.

The problem: CHDK was not complete for IXUS 185. It had just been released in October and I bought it in November. Ixus 185 did not have a script called FWT or FileWriteTask that works to make PTP (photo to PC). (see this thread of compatbility https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable )

PISCAN recognized the camera IXUS 185. Captured photo, correct zoom function, but did not save images to memory or external disk. They stayed in the camera and therefore, I could not know if the image worked. It had a nice digital button!

Then I tried to solve it with Duerig and we couldn't do much. DalClick's South American friends also made efforts with their system and we didn't get to anything.

Finally, it occurred to me to buy two used Elph 180s and everything worked fine. Of the sadness, I made the decision to sell the IXUS 185 cameras almost given away, at 70% cheaper, since nobody buys them anymore. The cell phone sends.

One day before publishing the sale announcement, I wrote on the CHDK forum asking if a patch for CHDK was possible to solve the problem. Kindly, on January 2 one of the hackers decided to support me and we made it. Look https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13963.0

IXUS 185 works for PISCAN and any other capture system! (You can read it here CHDK for IXUS (with patch) https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?t ... #msg142236
)

My advice: if your camera is not compatible with PTP, it is better to write to CHDK to make the necessary modifications. I offer to help if necessary.

I am using a translator. Then, I will place the original text in Spanish.

Code: Select all

Hola

Me atrevo a escribir un tema acerca de nuevas cámaras compatibles con PISCAN.  Lo hago con el fin de apoyar a quienes tengan problema con CHDK.

El año pasado me comuniqué con Duerig y me ofreció cámaras Elph 180 compatibles con PISCAN.  Tomé otro camino y decidí comprarlas en Ebay:  Buen precio, muchos regalos, y el título engañoso "Canon PowerShot IXUS 185 / Elph 180 20MP Compact Digital Camera Red Bundle"

Ixus 185 no es Elph 180. Se parecen en todo, menos en el sensor.  Cuando quise usarlas, CHDK no estaba completo y por ello, PISCAN no completaba el proceso de captura y guardar foto.

El problema: CHDK no estaba completo para IXUS 185. Apenas había sido liberado en octubre y yo la compré en noviembre.  Ixus 185 no disponía de un script llamado FWT o FileWriteTask que funciona para hacer PTP (photo to PC). (ver este thread)

PISCAN reconocía la cámara. Capturaba foto, función del zoom correcta, pero no guardaba las imágenes a la memoria o disco externo. Se quedaban en la cámara y por tanto, no podía saber si la imágen funcionó. ¡Tenía un bonito botón digital!

Después intenté solucionarlo con Duerig y no logramos hacer mucho. Los amigos suramericanos de DalClick también hicieron esfuerzos con su sistema y no logramos llegar a nada.

Al fin se me ocurrió comprar dos Elph 180 usadas y todo funcionó bien.  De la tristeza, tomé la decisión de vender las cámaras IXUS 185 casi regaladas, a un 70% más baratas, ya que nadie las compra ya. El celular manda.

Un día antes de publicar el anuncio de venta, escribí en el foro de CHDK preguntando si era posible un parche para CHDK que solucione el problema. Amablemente, el 2 de enero uno de los hackers decidió apoyarme y lo logramos. ¡IXUS 185 funciona para PISCAN y cualquier otro sistema de captura! (Pueden leerlo aquí)

Mi consejo: si tu cámara no es compatible para PTP, es mejor escribir a CHDK para que hagan las modificaciones necesarias. Yo me ofrezco para ayudar si es necesario.
digital_s
E-book readers owned: Kindle for Ipad
Number of books owned: 300

Re: Ixus 185 camera + CHDK

Post by digital_s »

Thanks so much for this post. I received my Raspberry Pi today and have been setting up PiScan. I have two Ixus 185 cameras that I was intending to use, but having difficulty getting them set up. I've installed CHDK on one of them, and was reading the thread that you posted a link to.

I'm still having difficulty getting PiScan to recognise the camera. Does it have anything to do with the patch that was posted, and if so, how do I install it?

Thanks so much for your help in this,

Scott