Bluetooth remote trigger for two smartphones?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

Doranwen
E-book readers owned: Onyx Boox (dead), Astak EZ Reader (dead)
Number of books owned: 2700

Bluetooth remote trigger for two smartphones?

Post by Doranwen »

You can tell how little experience I have with smartphones and Bluetooth, that I didn't realize this was going to be a problem. Bluetooth apparently has to "pair" one with one - which means, what do I do about triggering TWO smartphones simultaneously? Do I need to separate remotes that I press the buttons one at a time? Is there any way to get the remote to send a signal to take a picture to both phones? (The remote I found paired fine with one phone - and the other phone sees it, but can't connect to it.)
Kjarrval
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Bluetooth remote trigger for two smartphones?

Post by Kjarrval »

This is something I'm currently searching for. According to this article (https://www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-mul ... ned-28601/), the possibility was (at the latest) introduced in Bluetooth 4.0. Don't know the protocol in depth but it should at least be possible for a remote to send the trigger command to a single device and then immediately send it via the other pairing, if it can't send to both simultaneously.

For some reason, there must be another function where someone has found a need to take photos from different angles at once (3D photography for example), and someone attempting to make a device for that need/want.