Raspsberry does not recognize data

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

aladin
Number of books owned: 2000

Raspsberry does not recognize data

Post by aladin »

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me. I bought the super constructed V Scanner from Tentrec Builders 6 years ago with two refurbished cameras Canon IXUS 160 / ELPH160 controlled by a Raspberry system. Jonathan made me longer beams so I could put in a 400x400mm glass plate, which is great for scanning my historical lighting catalogues which are usually wider that they are high. I am very happy with this scanner.
Now the cameras start to cause more and more problems, in the middle of the work, the message “Camera not found” appears, this has always gone well with a restart until today. Now I have an unsolvable problem. The cameras are recognised, but one camera reports that Raspberry has not received any data after the camera has been triggered.
Does anyone know this problem and could suggest a solution?
Do I need new cameras? And if so, where can I find a replacement for the Canon 160, or another usable replacement?
Many thanks for the help
Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: Rapberry does not recognize data

Post by Konos93a »

change the sd card in each other camera to see if the issue is the sd card or the camera.
if the issue is the sd card? format one with chdk and use it. hope is the sd card is very difficult to have issues from the camera. have u ever changed sd card?

https://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewto ... 205#p22205 use htc splitter to trigger the camera and use a/v for liveview set it tilll start to scann in less than 30 sec have no errors and capture about 1800 pages per hour if you use a magnetic switcher

upload a photo of the scanner and one capture page of the ones u scann

upload a photo to check the ports of the camera
aladin
Number of books owned: 2000

Re: Raspsberry does not recognize data

Post by aladin »

Thank you very much for the quick and good help. Yes, it was the SD card in the camera.
I put it in the other camera and then the other camera no longer worked. Error found. :)

Unfortunately I did not manage to find out the version of the camera software in the info of the pictures, nor with the information in the CDFK forum in English (with Googel translate) and German. I also did not succeed in formatting an SD card. Java has not been installed on my computer for a long time. Formatting in the camera and then playing the software version A on it did not work. After hours of reading and trying, I gave up.
As a last attempt I deleted the 8 pictures with 7-10MB on the SD card that didn't work. I inserted the card, restarted the scanner and hooray it worked again for the moment. We will see how long it will continue to work.

I don't know yet how I will get new, functioning formatted SD cards in the camera.
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Post by cday »

aladin wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 05:38 I don't know yet how I will get new, functioning formatted SD cards in the camera.
I'm not very familiar with SD card formats, but have recently introduced a friend who uses public library computers to SD cards as an alternative to USB memory. Evidently the file format used changed as the capacity of the cards increased.

There should I think be no problem buying new cards, which here in the UK are commonly supplied, at least on eBay, with an adaptor to fit both original larger and modern smaller socket sizes.

A quick online search also produced this formatting utility for Windows and Mac produced by the SD Association, which should cover any formatting questions: SD Memory Card Formatter.
Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by Konos93a »

https://diybookscanner.org/forum/viewto ... 421#p20421
from duerig
To set CHDK without a firmware update, you need to make your disk image bootable. There are a number of tools linked on the CHDK website that will do it for you. I'd try out one of those. After you make it bootable, you need to lock the SD card by flipping the physical tab on the left. You will know you succeeded when you turn on the camera and immediately see the CHDK splash screen.

Pi Scan can be made somewhat faster by making sure that the external storage SD card or USB allows for high write speeds. If things are going slow, this is a likely bottleneck. At its fastest, Pi Scan can usually take a pair of photos every four seconds or so which is about as fast as I can turn the page and set up the next shot. To maximize your workflow, get into the flow of starting to turn the next page as soon as you hear the click of the cameras. If you are waiting for each processing cycle to complete before starting to turn the next page, you are scanning half as fast as you could be.

I hope this helps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deas7JX1qZM&t=0s
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you have read errors use CHKDSK Utility

use method 3 from this link https://7datarecovery.com/blog/camera-w ... d-sd-card/

---------------------------------------------------------------
upload a photo of the scanner and one capture page of the ones u scan

upload a photo to check the ports of the camera u can have a better scanner with electric trigger and liveview