Combining foreground and background mask on same pdf page in linux?

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

dingodog
Number of books owned: 1000

Combining foreground and background mask on same pdf page in linux?

Post by dingodog »

Knows anyone if there is some linux tool to combine on same pdf page, the background and the foreground mask obtained as splitted output from scantailor?
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Combining foreground and background mask on same pdf page in linux?

Post by cday »

Could the result you need be achieved by pasting one image directly on top of another image, and then outputting to PDF format?

If so, could you make available a pair of test image files?
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Post by cday »

If my reference to 'pasting' seems odd, in the cross-platform software I have in mind the watermark function can be used to place an image (with or without transparency) of any size up to the size of the image to be watermarked onto the background image. The software also supports batch processing and can output to PDF and many other formats, so might be suitable for your need assuming that ScanTailor foreground masks are output as images with transparency.
dingodog
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by dingodog »

cday wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 01:24 Could the result you need be achieved by pasting one image directly on top of another image, and then outputting to PDF format?

If so, could you make available a pair of test image files?
Sorry, I used improper words: I wanted mean having, on same page, the text encoded in black and white in jbig2 and the images in jpeg-2000, like googlebooks pdfs. This is called mixed raster content if I am right.