ArtScan

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

mrbook

Re: ArtScan

Post by mrbook »

Hi friends! I am trying to install Phyton on Windows, do you if this script run correctly in Windows? or Do I need to install Linux?
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

mrbook, this project has gone almost two years without a single change.

If you'd like to process images, I suggest you download Scan Tailor. It is an amazing program and works for Windows, Mac and Linux. There's an entire section of the forum devoted to it, so I'm sure you can find a build of it in there. If not, Google it and you can download it from the Scan Tailor website (those builds are a bit outdated, as the newer ones feature amazing dewarping functionality).
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Anonymous2 wrote:(those builds are a bit outdated, as the newer ones feature amazing dewarping functionality).
Actually the latest official release, 0.9.10 does have automatic dewarping. Now I realize I didn't make it clear enough when announcing 0.9.10 on this forum.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

Sorry about that, Tulon. I always use Git, so I was just guessing that those builds didn't include the unstable features.