Scan Tailor "Enhanced"

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

dtic

Re: Scan Tailor "Enhanced"

Post by dtic »

Just to be clear, I have the same load times for Select Content (and the other steps) in ST and ST Enanced alike.
sixtysix

Post by sixtysix »

I downloaded the latest version but I cannot get it to batch process. It starts the process, scrolls down the pages but makes no changes to each page-simply leaves the question mark image.
I assume I am doing something wrong.
Any help much appreciated.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

Is the problem specific to the Enchanced version, or the normal one is also affected?
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
sixtysix

Post by sixtysix »

Tulon,
It is only happening since I downloaded the latest version this week.

Thanks
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

sixtysix wrote:It is only happening since I downloaded the latest version this week.
You are probably talking about the official version then. This thread is actually about the "Enchanced" version, but whatever ...

To debug this problem, I would need at least your project file. Ideally, I would also like one of those source images that get stuck with the question mark.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
sixtysix

Post by sixtysix »

Tulon.

It was the enhanced version. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and all is well now. I had installed the enhanced version into the same directory and I assume that was the problem.

Thanks for your time and thanks for the programme.
rdx
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-550, Kindle, iRiver Story HD
Number of books owned: 100

Post by rdx »

hi pejuko,
I installed your "pre" version and it pops with with a side-by-side configuration error. Your old release version works fine. I use windows 7 x64. I don't know if this is the issue.
Thanks both you and Tulon for a great piece of software!

R
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

This kind of error usually means the program is built against more than one version of runtime libraries. This can happen if different parts of the program, perhaps its dependencies, were built by different versions of Visual Studio. Note that Visual Studio service packs, and sometimes even Windows security updates can bump up the version of runtime libraries.
So Petr, can you try rebuilding dependencies?

For users, a workaround that should work is installing Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable package from Microsoft.
rdx
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-550, Kindle, iRiver Story HD
Number of books owned: 100

Post by rdx »

Hi Tulon,
Thanks for the help. I do have VC 2008 redistributable package installed (and then repaired). It does not seem to work. Probably I will be waiting for an updated version.

R
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

I've just released new pre version. all deps including qt was built on one machine. hope it helps.