Scan Tailor on Wikipedia

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

L.Willms
E-book readers owned: Tolino Shine

Scan Tailor on Wikipedia

Post by L.Willms »

After having cleaned up with Scan Tailor Advanced the 10 pages of the German Official Journal (Bundesgesetzblatt) and with the result replaced the ones which I had uploaded three years ago, I had searched if there is any mention of Scan Tailor on Wikipedia.

I found one article, in the Russian language Wikipedia. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Russian is very very limited ... at least I could identify the section with links to outer sites and added a link to the Github site of Scan Tailor Advanced. There is also the logo of Scan Tailor stored in the Commons source of images for all Wikipedia languages and projects.

I have the created Category:Created with Scan Tailor and have added this category to my 10 text images, and a few others. The text of the Category points to a Template for adding this category.

There are two tutorial presentations on Wikipedia which mention Scan Tailor:

DIY Digitization Workshop Presentation
From paper book to a digital one on Wikisource - Wikimania 2014 presentation slides
peterZ
Number of books owned: 20000

Re: Scan Tailor on Wikipedia

Post by peterZ »

RE
" I found one article, in the Russian language Wikipedia. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Russian is very very limited ....."

Suggest
Open in Google Chrome browser and translate to English , when asked .....