ANNOUNCEMENT: Scan Tailor Command Line Interface

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

mellow-yellow
Number of books owned: 1

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Scan Tailor Command Line Interface

Post by mellow-yellow »

pejuko,

Again, awesome software. Another question though... I'm successfully running scantailor-cli.exe 350 times (once per image), but some pages are auto-detected as just the title of the work (e.g. instead of 8.5" x 11" the image is 3" by 2" saying 'CHAPTER 1'), so ABBYY mistakenly sees the page as landscape instead of portrait. How can I force scantailor-cli.exe to make all images use the same final dimensions? Do I need to use the img img img syntax instead?

Thanks!
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

mellow-yellow wrote:Long story short, could you (or somebody else with experience) create a windows binary?
I'm kind of bussy last days. I'll try to release new enhanced version at weekend.
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

mellow-yellow wrote:How can I force scantailor-cli.exe to make all images use the same final dimensions? Do I need to use the img img img syntax instead?
Current version of ScanTailor computes page size acording to the largest detected content and sets the same size for all loaded pages. If you process pages one by one then each page can have different size. To keep same size for all pages you should process all pages at once with syntax scantailor-cli.exe img1 img2... outdir. Seems that standard windows command line does not expand patterns in filenames and you have to write them all by hand or generate such commands using some script. so if you want to work in windows from command line I would recommend to install bash for windows (eg: msys mingw shell) and then you can run easily: scantailor-cli.exe -v *.tif outdir
vortex
Number of books owned: 0

Post by vortex »

I'm using scantailor-cli.exe 32bit Version: 0.9.11.1 and the --dewarping option doesn't work. It produces the same output image when I have --dewarping=auto and --dewarping=off .
Dewarping does work when using the GUI though. What is the problem and how can I resolve it?

Also, why can't I create a thread under this forum?
pejuko

Post by pejuko »

vortex wrote:I'm using scantailor-cli.exe 32bit Version: 0.9.11.1 and the --dewarping option doesn't work. It produces the same output image when I have --dewarping=auto and --dewarping=off .
Dewarping does work when using the GUI though. What is the problem and how can I resolve it?
Try new pre version (I haven't yet announced):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scantai ... e/download
vortex wrote: Also, why can't I create a thread under this forum?
msg to daniel reetz