BookScanWizard 2.0

Discussion about Steve DeVore's Book Scan Wizard, a power-user package to automate scan processing.

Moderator: peterZ

kempelen
E-book readers owned: -
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: BookScanWizard 2.0

Post by kempelen »

ScaleToFirst: that does not change anything if crop is created according to the video, copying the same rectangle, does it? (I keep it, I just want to understand if there is any difference.)
steve1066d
E-book readers owned: PRS-505
Number of books owned: 1250

Re: BookScanWizard 2.0

Post by steve1066d »

Correct.. If your source rectangles are all the same size ScaleToFirst does nothing. If the images are the same size the resizing is skipped.

That's weird with the gray.. I'll try doing some testing under linux and see if I can reproduce it.

Yes, it is best to do the ScaleToFirst or any scaling before converting to black & white. You can move the conversion to black and white to the end. I should probably change the default location for that operation (I normally work with grayscale or color output images).

You can for the most part do things in whatever order makes sense for your process.

The box surrounding the DPI code should be square if it printed correctly. (3" x 3" or 7.6cm x 7.6 cm). If it isn't, check in your printer settings and make sure that any scaling or resizing is turned off.
Steve Devore
BookScanWizard, a flexible book post-processor.