low quality tif out images

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

nedilo
Number of books owned: 0

low quality tif out images

Post by nedilo »

Hi,

The tif images that scantailor realeses me after the workflow are pretty low quality. Not comfortable for reading. I do not understand if the JPG images that i input are not good enough, although it would be great if the tif ones where same quality and resolution. Is the problem in the JPG ones or it can be somewhere else?
thanks
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Re: low quality tif out images

Post by cday »

nedilo wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 12:44 The tif images that scantailor outputs after the workflow are pretty low quality. Not comfortable for reading. I do not understand if the JPG images that I input are not good enough, although it would be great if the tif ones where same quality and resolution. Is the problem in the JPG ones or it can be somewhere else?
thanks
I'm not a ScanTailor user but the quality of the TIFF version of a JPEG image should be similar, the filesize will normally be much larger except for black and white images with appropriate compression. But if the JPEG images are colour or grayscale as they normally will be, and the output TIFF images are black and white, there will normally be a noticeable decrease in quality unless the image resolution is high, though.

Could you attach or upload an example input JPEG image, and the resulting output TIFF image?