Negative images

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

Hasher

Negative images

Post by Hasher »

Hi all

I am wonder if anyone knows of software ,preferably with command line support, that detects and converts negative images . Like a file negative to a positive image. Dont need colour support.

Thanks
Paul
VIII

Re: Negative images

Post by VIII »

I'm not a photography expert, so maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how software would reliably detect negatives. But if you know an image is a gray-scale negative, I think you could do image inversion in Gimp or Photoshop. I doubt you could do it with a command line, but if you're using Windows, you could probably write something to do most of the work with AutoHotKey or similar utilities.
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Gerard »

can you post such a negative image and tell more about the situation, image magic can do such task or imagej
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

We might have different understandings of the word "negate", but ImageMagick can handle all of those cases:

Code: Select all

convert black-white.png -negate white-black.png
convert upside-down.png -rotate 180 rightside-up.png
convert upside-down.png -flip rightside-up.png
Making this work automatically would be a pain for Windows, but for Linux and Mac, it's quite easy to do.
Hasher

Post by Hasher »

Hi all

this is what i mean by a negative image , just want a black and white output back to positive
thx , will try imagemagick as well