Opening Scan Tailor in other programes

Don't know where to start, or stuck on a certain problem? Drop by and tell us about it. Feel like helping others? Start here.

Moderator: peterZ

stevesculptor
E-book readers owned: none
Number of books owned: 80

Opening Scan Tailor in other programes

Post by stevesculptor »

Any advice on opening completed Scan Tailor files in other programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Publisher etc ? My page subjects are a mixture of text and line graphics, the graphics I want to improve with tracing in AI or going over them with the pen tool. I can only think to use a screen shot to convert to JPG but this surely not the best way? I've messaged Joseph Artsimovitch but he's not replaying, any help? Thx
zbgns
E-book readers owned: Tolino, Kindle
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Opening Scan Tailor in other programes

Post by zbgns »

If I understand it correctly, you need to extract graphics from pages including also text to perform some operations on these pictures with graphics only. Maybe you should think about Scan Tailor Advanced? When mixed output applied (letters to b&w and pictures in color mode) there is an option to save pairs of separate files with background (images) and foreground (text). Afterwards you may gather background files and process them in other programs.
https://github.com/4lex4/scantailor-adv ... background
stevesculptor
E-book readers owned: none
Number of books owned: 80

Re: Opening Scan Tailor in other programes

Post by stevesculptor »

Thank you for that, yes. I think I have solved it, I did it once at first then missed how I'd achieved it. The file that finishes up in the OUT folder after you have gone through 'Output' is a TIF file and this is importable to the Adobe IL and PS and others, I'll check out the advanced version as well. Thx