Post something about yourself here (The Hello Thread)

A place to introduce yourself, and to meet other awesome people.

Moderator: peterZ

Oliver
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 300

Re: Post something about yourself here (The Hello Thread)

Post by Oliver »

Hello everyone,

my Name is Oliver and I am from Germany. I want to scan several books to have them available digitally to be able to search them more efficiently. I do have some questions about some specifics to that and I hope, some of you will be able to help me.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays
Oliver
TDavLinguist
E-book readers owned: Kindle Fire, Galaxy Tab
Number of books owned: 800

Re: Post something about yourself here (The Hello Thread)

Post by TDavLinguist »

My name is Tyler, originally from the US, but now living in Thailand. I visited this forum a long time ago (2013-2014) back when I had no money and when the Instructables Scanner was still in use by many. This place taught me about Scan Tailor, Tesseract OCR, and many tools that I still use today. When I did my graduate studies in Thailand, we were very dependent on scans and photocopies. Obviously, the legality was/is lax here. Despite that, I still have accumulated a large collection of books that are near and dear to me, but nonetheless cumbersome. I have to travel quite a bit between places and many of the books would be more useful to me in a digital format than in a physical format. So, I came back here to see how thing have progressed, and I noticed that not many people seem as interested as they did a decade ago. I then noticed Daniel's announcement requesting help and I figured now was as good a time as ever to get in touch. Let's get scanning!