Hackerspace Scanner Stuff For Sale

A place to buy and sell. Want someone to build a scanner for you? Ask here.

Moderator: peterZ

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Hackerspace Scanner Stuff For Sale

Post by daniel_reetz »

I found some old Hackerspace scanner stuff, and I want to unload it. These are Hackerspace scanners, not Archivists. I'm selling them unsupported, you're on your own. None of these include the bolts and stuff, though I may be able to throw in some skate bearings if I can find them. You should only buy one of these if you're feeling adventurous or want to do some handwork and don't mind sourcing bolts and parts and stuff.

The first one is the "drop test" scanner - we put it in a box and dropped the box repeatedly. This means that some of the edges on it are no longer perfect, but it will still make a nice Hackerspace scanner.
droptest_2015-02-22 14.29.52.jpg
droptest_2015-02-22 14.29.52.jpg (107.53 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
The second one was manufactured by Mark in Europe. I don't need it anymore, so I'm selling it. I don't know if it's complete, but I think it is.
mark_2015-02-22 14.29.38.jpg
mark_2015-02-22 14.29.38.jpg (92.38 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
The third thing is a big pile of parts. I think there's enough to make one full scanner and then another half of one, and then a bunch of bike brake levers and wood pulleys. You will have a lot of extra stuff. There are maybe 50 pulleys in this lot of parts. You have to take everything -- I will not break up the parts or pick anything out.
stuff_2015-02-22 14.30.13.jpg
stuff_2015-02-22 14.30.13.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
None of them have the hardware (bolts, LED, etc).

I want to sell each of these for $75 each. I will only ship these domestically. You will have to pay shipping and packing fees from a local shipping store, which is probably going to come out to something like $100-$150 per unit. In other words, I'm going to take each one of these things to Mailboxes, Etc or something similar and have the employees pack them up and ship them. I am not going to pack them myself, so it is going to cost real money to ship them. Sorry about that!

DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT THESE SCANNERS. I am no longer accepting PMs. Just email diybookscanner@gmail.com and claim your unit. This is first-come, first-serve. This stuff is available from TODAY, 2-22-2015, to Wednesday, 2-25-2015, and after that, it will no longer be available.