Board Format

Just what it says.

Moderator: peterZ

Anthony
Number of books owned: 1000

Board Format

Post by Anthony »

Hi everyone,
Ive been trying to follow conversations and realized that I have a hard time following sometimes because the way I see messages are in a "booky" format. Is there any way to change this to a nested format so I can see who's replying to who. I tried in the user settings and wasn't given that option.

Thanks
strider1551
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Board Format

Post by strider1551 »

Anthony wrote:Is there any way to change this to a nested format so I can see who's replying to who?
I don't have any dealings with administering the forum, but I would be really surprised if that's possible. This is a forum, not an email list. Each post is simple an addition to the thread; there is no way to reply to a specific post within a thread. I try to be very conscious of quoting whatever I am responding to, but that's about the best you can do... and there's no way to enforce it.

For all I know, that functionality might be something that could be added to the forum, but none of the presently existing posts would appear as nested.
Anthony
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Board Format

Post by Anthony »

strider1551 wrote:
Anthony wrote:Is there any way to change this to a nested format so I can see who's replying to who?
I don't have any dealings with administering the forum, but I would be really surprised if that's possible. This is a forum, not an email list. Each post is simple an addition to the thread; there is no way to reply to a specific post within a thread. I try to be very conscious of quoting whatever I am responding to, but that's about the best you can do... and there's no way to enforce it.

For all I know, that functionality might be something that could be added to the forum, but none of the presently existing posts would appear as nested.
Thanks I appreciate the reply. I thought it might have been something i was missing.