Please vote on new forum area: Build Logs

Just what it says.

Moderator: peterZ

FOR or AGAINST having a separate Build Log area?

Poll ended at 05 Apr 2011, 16:08

FOR
75%
AGAINST
25%

Total votes: 4

rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Please vote on new forum area: Build Logs

Post by rob »

I'm thinking of creating a new area, Build Logs, which contains... build logs for your scanners. This will be different from Hardware, which will still be the place to ask questions, compare techniques, pose ideas, and so on. Build Logs will just be for your particular scanner build, and will also be the place for others to ask questions about your particular scanner build.

With that in mind, please vote FOR or AGAINST a new Build Log section, and please use this thread to ask questions, give ideas, give counter-proposals, worry and fret.

The vote will close at around 5 Apr 2011 at 20:00 GMT.

--Rob
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
ortega

Re: Please vote on new forum area: Build Logs

Post by ortega »

rob wrote: The vote will close at around 5 Mar 2011 at 20:00 GMT.

--Rob
do you mean April 5 2011 ?
rob

Post by rob »

Yeah :?
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
TomHorsley

Post by TomHorsley »

I think the problem isn't which forums exists, the problem is a purely tree structured forum in the first place. Anyone make forum software like gmail with "labels" that can be assigned to posts (by authors or readers) so they can be in multiple areas at the same time and new labels can be added at whim?
rob

Post by rob »

OK, so I've done a great deal of thinking about this, and I've decided for now not to create a new forum area. My reasoning is that often there is an overlap between general hardware questions and builds, as sometimes a build will spark questions.

I'll look into whether PHPBB has a module where keywords can be attached to posts.
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

I agree keywords/tags would be best if you can find a way to do that - there's so much overlap that mutually-exclusive categories would just cause confusion over where something belongs.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.