0.9.10 release

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: 0.9.10 release

Post by Tulon »

Thanks Misty.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
calmadigital

Post by calmadigital »

Anyone could share 0.9.10 binnary app for MAc OSX?

I already downloaded version 1.0.0 beta in a forum link, but i would like to get 0.9.10 because it is the stable version.

I have tried everything but no luck compiling it.

Trying with Macports gets stopped at building QT4-mac. I have tried also the command line option but i get an app that when i try to open it it says it is corrupted or not complete...
calmadigital

Post by calmadigital »

After a couple of hours compiling with Macport i got the following error message in the log file: (i include only the last lines of the log)

Code: Select all

:info:configure -- Boost version: 1.47.0
:info:configure -- Found the following Boost libraries:
:info:configure --   unit_test_framework
:info:configure --   prg_exec_monitor
:info:configure CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:312 (MESSAGE):
:info:configure   Could not find Xrender.h
:info:configure 
:info:configure   You may need to install a package called
:info:configure   libxrender-dev or libXrender-dev or similarly.
:info:configure -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
:info:configure shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_scantailor/scantailor/work/scantailor-0.9.10" && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/local -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=/opt/local/lib -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH="/opt/local;/usr" -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=/opt/local/share/cmake/modules -Wno-dev -DQT_QT_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/local/include  -DQT_QMAKESPEC=macx-g++  -DQT_ZLIB_LIBRARY=/opt/local/lib/libz.dylib  -DQT_PNG_LIBRARY=/opt/local/lib/libpng.dylib -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="x86_64" -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=/ " returned error 1
:error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for scantailor): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:configure Log for scantailor is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_scantailor/scantailor/main.log
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

It complains about missing Xrender.h header. I am not sure which package provides that on OSX.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Thanks very much for this release, Tulon. As always very appreciated.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Calmadigital:

"Use other software" probably isn't the most helpful answer, but it's the best I can personally do. If you use Homebrew with Lion, you can install Scan Tailor much faster and easier. While it also compiles most things from source, it distributes precompiled Qt and other libraries needed to build Scan Tailor, so you don't have to spend hours compiling.

The disadvantage is that Homebrew and Macports don't coexist well. If you switch over to Homebrew, you'll need to remove Macports and use Homebrew to install any software you were using there.

If you decide to try Homebrew, you can install Scan Tailor with the command:

Code: Select all

brew install scantailor
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

Some day I hope someone will figure out how to make a proper build of Scan Tailor for Mac OS X that comes as a .dmg file and works on all versions of OSX without crashing. My best guess on why it crashes loading JPEGs is the one I mentioned a long time ago.

Has anyone tried out this build? Is the author on this forum?
thibaulthalpern

Post by thibaulthalpern »

Anyone able to post a binary version of the latest release for OS X? I have no clue how to compile things.
feliks
Number of books owned: 150

Post by feliks »

I've tried the posted binary, and it works very well. So far, when I install through homebrew, I continue to have a problem where all my buttons are blank, missing their pictures. Which is annoying.

Trying to compile myself now and see if it works better than homebrew for me.

Cheers,

-D